Fedora | Styled and finished by hand
At a glance:
- Tried and true handmade quality
- Designed to fit your exact head measurement comfortably
- Delivered safely inside a round hat box
- Includes a protective organic cotton drawstring bag
- Comes with care instructions
- Three delivery options
- Classic fedora hat design
- Rabbit fur felt hat body
- 3 3/4" telescope crown
- 2 5/8" raw-edged rolled brim
- Grosgrain ribbon hatband
- Rayon satin lining
- Genuine leather sweatband
Finding your head measurement:
1. Please forget about hat sizes.
2. Grab your measuring tape.
3. Place the tape where you wish your hat to rest
4. Repeat your measurement a couple of times
As soon as we send your order, you will immediately receive a shipping notification email with your shipment's reference/tracking number.
Sizes, brims, and crowns should be within 1/8 of an inch of the requested measurement, plus or minus.
Due to monitor differences, actual colors may slightly vary from what appears online.
1 business day
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 7 days of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Information We Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide us with information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to us), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example) if you contact us directly.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have submitted your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as:
1) Providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to an authority with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your authority. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have some rights in relation with your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we keep about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent for receiving them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about or use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Panos Skantzaris, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at hnc-hatworks [!at] post.com.
Custom orders are our core business.
We can make any of our styles in any color combination with minor or significant changes to crown shapes, brim lengths, and hatbands. All you need to do is, please enter your customization preferences in the 'Note to the seller' section at checkout. Or send us a message after placing your order.
Custom hats are priced the same as our regular collections and typically take the standard processing time which is currently 2-3 weeks. Occasionally, we may extend the lead time a week or two to ensure you receive our best possible work.
Heads do not come in hat sizes.
Knowing your exact head measurement and your desired fit is all we need to make a perfectly fitting hat for you.
To determine your head measurement, you will need a sewing measuring tape. Wrap your tape gently around where you wish your hat to rest. Do not pull the tape too tightly unless you want your hat to be as tight.
A tight-fitting hat wears higher and stays on better on a windy day. It could feel a bit uncomfortable, though, during a long stroll on a hot sunny day. On the other hand, a looser-fitting hat is far more comfortable, but your hat will wear a bit lower.
Measuring the inner circumference of a hat is impossible.
Even if your hat has the perfect fit, your measuring tape will always get 1.5 to 2 centimeters a smaller size than your actual head size. To get the correct measurement, you will need a measuring ring, a special instrument we use to determine the inside diameter of a finished hat.
If your hat arrives and is smaller or larger than you expected it to be, we kindly advise you to confirm your head measurement and contact us.
If there is an error on our behalf, we will be happy to send you a replacement hat right away.
You can find a complete set of instructions printed inside your hatbox.
1. Store your hat in the nice hatbox we provide.
2. Always place your hat upside down when it is not on your head.
3. Do not leave your hat exposed to heat and humidity to avoid shrinkage and distortion of shape and color.
4. Never handle your hat by the pinch or the crown to prevent breakage, and keep your hat clean of oil and dirt.
5. Brush off lint or dirt regularly with a soft bristle brush. Then using a clean, damp cloth, rub gently counter-clockwise towards the back. Brush the underside of the brim clockwise.
6. If your hat ever gets wet, do not force dry it.
Light rain or a little snow will never damage your fur-felt Agnoulita hat.
Wool felt will weather the elements reasonably well. However, we recommend upgrading to fur felt for prolonged outdoor use.
NEVER wear your straw hat in the rain.
If you get caught without an umbrella, once you get indoors, always snap your brim up. Hang your hat so that the crown or the sides of your hat's brim are not touching anything. Let it dry naturally away from heat. Exposing your hat to heat will reactivate the felting process and may cause shrinkage and deformation.
Make sure the fit is correct, and your hat is suitable for your particular head shape.
Do you feel your hat pressing on any part of your head a bit more than it should? Is there, perhaps, any space between your hat's inner sweatband and your head above your ears?
Fixing a bent brim:
1. Rest your hat on a flat surface.
2. Place a slightly moisturized piece of cloth on your hat's brim.
3. Set your iron to high heat, and run it across.
4. Repeat until the brim is entirely flat.
5. Allow it to dry and stiffen well.
You may occasionally this process to freshen up your hat. Make sure you always use a piece of cloth between the felt and your steam iron plate.
If the problem persists, we will be happy to exchange your hat.